Sunday, May 24, 2009

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

Seattle was a pleasant enough place.  It was pretty as you come up the interstate. I got in kind of late in the afternoon and went to the Space Needle.  It seems to be the big draw here; I did not go up in it.



The Public Market is another VERY popular hang-out - I think everybody who is anybody was here!  It is a beautiful farmers' market!


This was the first Starbucks ever. (Now, isn't that interesting?)  Personally, I'm not one to pay $5 for a simple cup of coffee, but Starbucks does seem to be quite popular.


Here's that Space Needle again, just later on as the sun is going down. The one thing I loved about Seattle was the GREAT weather. Blue sky, cool - it was a beyond beautiful day! I think maybe I have just been in the forests too long to appreciate traffic, other humans, and a thing called a Space Needle.



There was an amazing view of Mt. Rainier; however, Seattle's dumb baseball/football stadium got in the way. What an eyesore!  (Can you tell I am not a sports fan?  I am sure Seattleites love their stadium!)