Monday, May 11, 2009

MAGIC IN HOLLYWOOD FILM-MAKING!

For years, I have seen Venice Beach Boardwalk in movies - it always looks like such a cute, clean place. NOT! I guess that's the magic in movie-making - make something out of nothing! It's little more than a big, dirty flea market.







This was the ONLY guy doing any exercise on Muscle Beach. Everybody else was doing what I was doing - eating!



This place was just a major craptacular!


This guy has a unique way of making a living! He wasn't selling many signs, but enjoyed posing for the picture.


One of the good things about L.A. is that they are very dog friendly. However, they don't have sense enough to leave their dogs in the shade with a bowl of water!




Two more in the sun while their humans stuff their faces!


Such a sweet face! She posed for the photo!


Don't get me wrong.  There are beautiful parts of Venice Beach too.  The beach itself is beautiful!




And there are some nice buildings!




And, I really loved this little neighborhood on the canal.  The homes were so adorable.  This spot is used in a lot of TV shows and movies.






Now THIS was the best part of Venice Beach. A mural of Jim Morrison! The artist did a great job in capturing his likeness!




After the disappointment of Venice Beach, next I visited the La Brea Tar Pits. I don't get exactly what it is - seems to me to be some bubbling sludge pool. But some people think it's important, and it's a million years old (give or take). I'm just glad I didn't have to pay to get into it!


The Page Museum in Los Angeles




The bubbling sludge pool (Tar Pits)





Oh, the sludge bubbles up all over the grounds.  





I should have been more careful not to step in it!





More bubbling sludge!



HOLLYWOOD!

And, of course, I did the ultimate tourist stuff - Chinese Theatre, the Walk of Fame on Hollywood and Vine!  I am SUCH a tourist!