Thursday, May 21, 2009

OREGON

I knew I was out of California and in Oregon when I saw this amazing view from I-5.




I spent the night in Eugene, Oregon, and drove around the town a little before heading over to the coast this morning. From what I saw, it's a very cute, nice, clean town with houses like this.



They have the prettiest Azaleas I have ever seen (including in Savannah, GA).




This was the view for pretty much the entire way as I travelled north up the Coast.




I hate to sound dim-witted, but I don't quite understand what a "dune" is. Seems to me, it's just beach sand. I struggled to get up this [what seemed like 50-mile] path to see the dunes.




This is a dune. And, the difference between it and a regular beach is WHAT?




More dunes.



The trek down was a little easier!




This was a pretty bridge along the coastal route.




A cliff with a lighthouse off in the distance to the right.





Haceta Lighthouse.




More of the amazing Oregon beaches.





Yaquina Bay Lighthouse.




WOW!  What a beautiful, Oregon sunset!!