Friday, May 22, 2009

LAKE QUINAULT LODGE

A few years ago, I saw a documentary on a place called Lake Quinault Lodge in western Washington [state]. The lodge was built of timber and sits on Lake Quinault in the Olympic National Park. President Franklin D. Roosevelt was a guest there in the 30’s and fell in love with it; he was always in awe of the beauty surrounding him. I thought to myself that one day I would love to go there. Here I am; I couldn’t resist. And, it doesn’t disappoint – it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen.






This is the main lodge.





This is the back of the lodge.


The views of the lake and national park are beautiful from the back of the lodge.  There's plenty to do here; boats, lots of hiking trails, just enjoying the views.








The lobby is filled with comfy, over-stuffed chairs. And, despite there being no TVs or telephones in the place, there is wi-fi in the lobby!



And, of course, a fireplace that President Roosevelt used to sit in front of!




This is the "boathouse", where I stayed. It was offset from the main lodge and the rooms are a little less expensive.




The grounds had so many pretty flowers!









My day concluded with me watching a beautiful sunset over the lake as I ate dinner in the lodge restaurant.  The restaurant was not at all vegetarian-friendly and was quite pricey, but the view was well worth it!  When would I ever get this opportunity again?  This is a luxury I could definitely get used to.