Sunday, May 17, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO

San Francisco is a city you never get tired of. There's never enough time there.

My first stop was Telegraph Hill. (Did not see even ONE parrot!)



Great view of Lombard Street from Telegraph Hill.


I did the tour of Alcatraz last time, so I just looked at it from the Pier this time.



The sea lions at Pier 39 are always fun to stand and watch. They seem to have such individual personalities!





This was a baby just annoying all the sleeping lions!



I tried, but it is impossible to photograph the Golden Gate Bridge and do it justice.








What a beautiful day to spend with my older brother.  I forgot to take photos of the great San Francisco row houses (and the Painted Ladies); this was the only picture I had of them.




No visit to San Francisco would be complete without . . .

visiting Pier 39 . . .


a visit to Haight/Ashbury Street . . .


. . . where I was offered a "free hug" . . .


a visit to Ghirardelli Chocolate! They were giving out free samples
when you entered the store (I went in and out 10 times!) . . .



and last, but not least, a cable car ride.





Pretty flowers all over!