Thursday, May 7, 2009

MONUMENT VALLEY, UTAH

Today's travel took me from the Grand Canyon to Monument Valley, Utah - across the Painted Desert. Monument Valley is located on the Navajo Indian Reservation.

Painted Desert (Arizona)



These horses were just walking around carefree!




This cow just got the notion to cross the street in front of me. She looked as perplexed as I was!



These guys wanted me to get in this truck so they could give me a guided tour.  YEAH RIGHT!  I couldn't decide if they were Cowboys or Indians!



The monuments were breathtaking (to say the least).









"Took a look down a westbound road, right away I made my choice.
Headed out to my big two wheeler, I was tired of my own voice . . .


Rolled across the high plains, deep into the valley –
it felt so good to be, finally feeling free . . .


Stood on a mountain top, staring out at the great divide.
I could go east; I could go west – it was all up to me to decide."
[Name that tune!]



Next, my journey takes me west to California!!