Sunday, June 7, 2009

MY JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END!


My amazing journey is nearing an end. I have been to so many different places, seen so many different things, and met so many wonderful, different kinds of people from all walks of life. I have been to the excess of Beverly Hills and to Indian Reservations where there is no electricity or running water. My experience was enlightening, educational, and a blast!

If I had to pick only one favorite place (besides the obvious national parks), it would be LaJolla, California.  It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen and the charming seals just added to the allure!  If I had to pick the place that had the biggest impact, it would be the memorial for the Oklahoma City bombing victims. Second would be seeing how Indians live on reservations.

And, if I had to do it all over again, the only thing I would change would be to make my journey longer! Maybe I'll do it again next year!

“Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”  ~ John Muir