Thursday, June 4, 2009

ELVIS!

As my travels continued onward, I found myself nearing Memphis, Tennessee. I had no intention of going through Memphis or visiting Graceland (love Elvis, but touring his home is not my kind of thing). As I drove, nearing the Tennessee line from Arkansas, an Elvis song came on the radio (my favorite one, no less)!!! I felt it was a sign from Elvis!! "Visit Graceland... visit Graceland!" What could I do?



I HAD to go visit Graceland!


 
I did not go in the house, but I stopped at this Elvis diner to enjoy a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (I am NOT kidding)!


This thing is a heart attack sitting on a plate! (OMG, it was soooo good!)



I did walk across the street just to look at the house. Nice digs!


 
This is a nice sign in front of it.


The best part of Graceland is the rock wall around it. People from all over come and graffiti it up. There is not one empty space to write anything - it is full! I thought this was a particularly good likeness of Elvis!